Thursday, July 14, 2011

My mother won't let me be myself.?

Sadly, my mother doesn't understand the concept of "letting your kids be who they are." She often tells me how I need to change several aspects of myself to get through life. I like to hold the door for people a lot and in doing so, I've made a lot of wonderful friends who me hold the door for them and the other nice things I like do for them. My friends show that they don't care that I'm a very shy person. My mother however tells me I shouldn't hold the door for people and shouldn't be shy because people will take advatage of me. I'm smart enough to know who are my real friend and who's not. My mother seems to think that you should always care what other people think, even if they're just strangers on a bus that you'll never see again. She worries about clothes, personality, and weight so much that she tries push those insecurities. She acts like if I don't dress in some stylish way or worry more about my weight (which she seriously overblows) the world will turn against me. Does anybody know how to make her stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment